“Never doubt that a small group can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.”
My current offerings of classes and groups are:
- The Power of Anger and Skillfulness of Love : Loving, Especially When it is Difficult
- Divine Indwelling : Mystical Oneness and Global Diversity
- The Gospel of the Beloved Companion : Mary Magdalene, The Emergence of the Church & Her Message For Today
- Sacred Longing, Body of Grace! : Women’s Creativity & Spirituality
- Want to Learn to Dance?
“What I regret most in my life are failures of kindness”
Jean will be teaching about “The Power of Anger and Skillfulness of Love” through images, film, current research, and conversation. Our time together will explore:
- Anger and what it is hiding – the gold of vulnerability.
- Predictors of a broken relationship (including divorce) and how you can avoid them.
- People with a Maximizing Reactive Style (Tigers), those with a Minimizing Reactive Style (Turtles), how they seem to fall in love, and why.
- The importance of the breath and other ways to calm yourself so that you can choose love.
You will leave with clear tools and applications so you can be more skillful with love in the face of anger and conflict (which are an inevitable part of any close relationship). We will focus on intimate couple relationships but this class also directly relates to: parenting, family, work colleagues, and friendships.
Download the flier : The Power of Anger and Skillfulness of Love
“Peace in the world will become reality when individuals realize that we belong to each other, that there is but one human and planetary family.”
In this class, we will look at the questions that we all wonder about:
- What is the meaning of life and love?
- Does God exist?
- What is the path to spiritual awakening?
- What is the way to inner peace and to true peace in the world?
We will explore a deep unifying current often hidden within all traditions: the path of the mystic. It is a path that offers hope, compassion, transformation, respect for scientific discovery, and beauty.
Art, film, poetry, and discussion will help us to explore the interconnectedness-of-all-life and how this awareness can enliven our own spiritual experience. The compelling draw to mysticism comes from the deepest yearning of the human heart and may be a part of our evolutionary unfolding.
“We loved your class today. It is exciting material!”
Download the flier : Divine Indwelling : Mystical Oneness and Global Diversity
The Gospel of The Beloved Companion :
Mary Magdalene, The Emergence of the Church & Her Message For Today
“Mary is portrayed as a model disciple, comforting the other disciples and offering advanced teaching from the Savior… She helps them to ‘turn toward the Good’ and to ‘ find the child of true Humanity within’.”
Come and learn about Mary Magdalene – who she was, who she wasn’t, and her importance for today. Using art, music, film, and conversation we will:
- Do a canonical review of Mary Magdalene’s presence in the gospels.
- Explore her influence on the early church and the emerging controversy around the leadership of women.
- We will also ponder together her relationship to Jesus.
- Explore the remarkable recently discovered ancient texts of “The Gospel of Mary” and the “Nag Hammadi Codices”, current scholarship, and how these contribute to our understanding of Mary Magdalene.
- Finally we will discover together her possible messages for us today.
How did Mary Magdalene come to be understood as a prostitute and why? How would things change if she actually were an apostle and inspiring leader? A beloved companion? An expression of feminine wisdom? A prophet and healer? How might this contribute to your own spiritual aliveness?
“Numerous people expressed gratitude for your excellent class today. I’m looking forward to next week!”
Download the flier: The Gospel of The Beloved Companion
“Your space and presence are warm, welcoming and honoring.”
Let us come together to listen, sing, move, and call upon Greater Wisdom.
Let us draw, dream, dance, and be quiet. Let us tell stories, invoke, and trust the Great Unfolding. Let us bless, release, question, and discover – especially during these coming darker times of fall mysteries and winter epiphanies.
We can’t do this path completely alone. It is time to come together. It is time.
We will be exploring embodied spirituality, mutual support, and creative expression. Bring the gifts of your own tradition and experience. Jean will guide & lead, and we will also create this together.
“I appreciate your spiritual depth and compassion, your word choices when you introduce activities, and when you reflect on other’s comments. I’ve enjoyed everything and found each element enriching.”
The group begins this fall and meets bi-weekly.
Download the flier : Sacred Longing, Body of Grace!
“Jean, thank you for your patience with us in teaching us dance! You provide a gentle support to our relationship which is appreciated more than you might know.”
Then contact Jean. It will be fun! She is offering private (individual or couple) lessons in:
- Slow Blues
- Night Club Two-Step
Learning dance is great for personal fun and fitness, and great for relationships too – including meeting someone new, wedding preparation, and bringing that spark back with someone you love. If you’re willing, even if you feel like you have no talent, Jean can teach you!
Download the flier : Want To Learn To Dance?
Contact Jean for more information.
“You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk for a hundred miles through the desert repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.”